Do you have a Charlotte Area house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the NC or SC foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house that is in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure and stop the entire process before it causes the most damage to your credit and avoid a judgement. Generally, the sooner you start, the better your chances of success. There are differences between the foreclosure process in NC and SC so which side of the state line you live on is a factor.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in the Charlotte area? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in the Charlotte Area who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage or deed of trust doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain in the you know what. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. (This is an absolute must) Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made. (Ask for their full name and employee identification number. You can also usually get a reference number for the specific call.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your Charlotte area house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Charlotte and the whole state of NC get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash. We have helped many folks get out of a house with past payments piling up and in need of repairs. Get an offer today and walk away.
If you need to sell a property near Charlotte, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.